Getting Back Your Missing Taskbar
At times when you are using Windows, you may shrink your Taskbar down to a vanishing point to where you can't see it anymore. Don't worry, the Taskbar is still there, just not visible. To get it back on, follow these steps to resize the Taskbar:
- CTRL+ESC will bring up the Start button's Program menu.
- Then strike the ESC key and the Program menu will disappear, but the Taskbar will still be selected even though you may not be able to see it.
- Press the ALT+SPACEBAR to bring up a small menu on the left side of your screen.
- Use your keyboard to select SIZE, then hit the ENTER key.
- Then use your arrows on the keypad to increase the size of the Taskbar by using the up arrow key.
- The strike the ENTER key to execute the change. The mouse key can also be used, but I wouldn't recommend it because you can move the mouse when you grab it which can mess up your defined setting.
This tip comes from Michael Vincent, at Tipworld with additional information from myself.
This tip also works for Windows 95/98/98SE as well as Windows 2000.
Windows 2000 Tips Page
Tiproom's Home Page